Saturday, March 10, 2012

HOPELESSNESS




Troubled and sunken eyes reflect the hopelessness
That creeps up within me, out of blue
Everything seems fine around me
Still a tension lingers
For the fears sweltering hovering over,
Fear of unknown
Longing for success
Yearning the state of contentment.
A stressed sigh escapes the lips
A knot assembles in my stomach
Giving way to sweeping conflicts,
Those that bargain my hope.
Infinite doubts intertwining my faith;
Unflinchingly that inches me forward.
Expectations lay like burdens on me
Burying me in untold qualms.
The last sunset overlooks the dawn,
The glass looks half-empty,
And a notion smears itself in my mind
Will this hard labor be worth?
The way looks long and weary…
The unquenchable thirst choking.
Need something for a solace, a freedom…
And an answer, will I be able to handle this pressure??

Syed Javeria Khurshid
18th Dec.2011



No comments:

Post a Comment